Subject: Re: [lojban] More damn imaginary world stuff

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:14:08

>From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
li'o
> > <It is entirely possible that ANY deviation from our known laws of 
>physics
> > involves a logical contradiction.>
> > No. It may be that any deviation from the actual laws of physics (known 
>and
> > unknown) is physically impoossible -- that no world could actually exist 
>in
> > any other way -- but that is far from LOGICAL impossibility, that the 
>laws
> > imply, in themselves, a contradiction.
> >
>
>Are you saying that it is impossible that the laws of physics are arranged
>such that any other arrangement requires a logical contradiction? Can you
>show me an alternate arrangement that is logically consistent? Since we
>don't have our complete picture yet, we are not yet sure if any other
>alternate arrangements are logically possible.
>

IIRC, there was somebody who reformulated the existing "physical
laws" according to INFORMATION rather than energy, in the 70's (i
blush to admit i read this in Analog); being tautological & a pain
in the gizzard to think in terms of, it never caught on: but this shows that 
another Physics than the one we know, is indeed possible in this same 
universe...
_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com