Subject: re: imaginary worlds

From: Bjoern Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:30:54 +0100

we seem to be reaching the point, that prompted wittgenstein to renounce his 
tractatus logico-philosophicus. that is to say, it seems to be at least more 
difficult to formally describe reality, as our mind percieves it, in a 
consistent and uncontradictory manner.

one way out might be to allow for a shifting view of reality, that is, 
demanding that a statement be consistent for the moment, but concede that the 
same configuration of objects be described in another way later.

i.e.: at one time the speaker, identifies the supposed repainted table as the 
same table, and on a second thought refers to both states of the same object 
as being two distinct objects, albeit connected by a transformation.

co'o mi'e biorn

- -- 
- -------------------------------------
[email-masked]	Björn Gohla
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07  
guard your privacy -- use GnuPG -- see: http://www.gnupg.org