Subject: Re: [lojban] RE:su'u

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:22:35 +0000

Xod:
#On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, And Rosta wrote:
#> I am satisfied to assert merely "Yes, because I can't understand (I)
#> except by taking it #as a synonym for (II)", but in fact as we have
#> debated off-list in the past, I also think that (I) has graspably
#> different consequences from (II). IIRC, the main arguments were
#> that intensional contexts, such as Ortcutt espionage sentences,
#> and -- more controversially -- cross-world identification of
#> individuals work only under (II). (Those are the philosophical
#> arguments. There are further linguistic arguments that pertain
#> to English and other natlangs but not to Lojban.)
#
#I am very eager to see as many real consequences of the difference 
#between I and II as you can post.

By "real consequence" do you mean something other than the
arguments I allude to in the quoted message, or are you just
asking me to spell out these arguments? Let me know what
you're after & I'll try to oblige.

--And.