Subject: Palm Pilot

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:06:09 -0800 (PST)

.i mi puzi te vecnu lo cnino xancyskami gi'e djica lenu pilno le gismu
mutymi'e pe la lotar.
.i ku'i mi ca facki lenu le xancyskami na cpacu loi gismu datni pe le
mutymi'e
.i ?xu zo'e pe vi cu ba'o snada
.i mi cazi naka'e zbasu le cnino datni selci ki'u lenu la perl. poi mi
pilno na mapti le la lotar. mutymi'e platu

***

I just got myself a new Palm Pilot and wanted to use Lothar's Palm Pilot
gismu lookup tool. But my Pilot won't accept the gismu database that goes
with the program. Has anyone here gotten it to work? I can't recompile the
database as the Perl I'm using is incompatible with Lothar's program.

(It uses GDBM, and my PC Perl won't, and I can't add readily modules to
our Unix Perl, and yes we should have had Unix here, and oy oy oy ---
anyone gotten this to work? I know a few of you were asking last year...)

--
Nick Nicholas. TLG, UCI, USA. [email-masked]; www.tlg.uci.edu/~opoudjis
Many among their proselytes had sold their lands and houses to increase
the public riches of the sect --- at the expense, indeed, of their
unfortunate children, who found themselves beggars because their
parents had been saints. (Edward Gibbon, _Decline and Fall_.)