Subject: Re: [lojban] nilbroda

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 22:05:26 -0500

At 08:51 PM 02/16/2001 -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>According to Chapter 12, the place structure of nilbroda is x1 is the 
>amount of
>x2 brodaing x3 ... on scale xn, but according to both NORALUJV.txt and
>lujvo-list, those nilbroda that have ni-places have both of them first. What's
>right?

Well, ideally Nick will raise his head and express an opinion, since he 
wrote the place structures AND he wrote the conventions that apparently 
differ from those place structures. Nora was reviewing place structures 
(hence the filename NORALUJV) for consistency with the book principles but 
had not reached any conclusions on anything, and she doesn't think she even 
got so far as the nil- words. She is inclined (and I agree) that the ni2 
place is usually oblique and unnecessary enough that it should not go 
second, in which case putting it in the end per the book makes sense. The 
book also retains preeminence as a standard in case of doubt though the 
chapter 12 rules are merely preferred conventions and not requirements for 
the language. So barring comments from Nick, I would say the book rules 
should win over the lujvo list files.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org