Subject: Re: [lojban] RE:su'u

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:13:11 +0000

You also need to tell me whenabouts I am with respect to GMT.
It can't be whatever the time in Greenwich happens to be
(17:09), because twice a year we very perversely add to or
subtract from the day an hour, so as to ensure that the
following day everybody will arrive for appointments one hour
early or one hour late, and will have videoed the wrong
telly programmes.

>>> John Cowan <[email-masked]> 02/20/01 06:40pm >>>
And Rosta wrote:

>>> I'm surprised Jorge hasn't picked on this yet. Maybe it's nighttime
>>> in Argentina.

For the record, Buenos Aires is GMT - 3 (New York is GMT - 5).

-- 
There is / one art || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
no more / no less || http://www.reutershealth.com 
to do / all things || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan 
with art- / lessness \\ -- Piet Hein

To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked]