Subject: le pamoi nu la brojbogirz. penmi

From: Avital Oliver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 23:59:10 +0200 (IST)

Disclaimer: This is my first real attempt at writing in Lojban. This
probably sucks. What I attempted to say will appear in English at the end
of the text. Please reply with comments. Thank you.

pu nu'i re lo djedi mi penmi loi pendo be mi le zdeni be mi tezu'e le
nu cilre la lojban. .i le girzu fi ze lo prenu .e re lo prenu ba jorne le
gy. .i puki mi tavla fi le citri nu la lojban. .e ba fe mi'a nunsnu fi
le se smadi nu la sapir,uorf. ku je loi mupli be le nu la lojban.
xamgu mau le glibau .i 

(This is too hard for now. I continue in English)

I explained the basic structure of a bridi, selbri and sumti (using the
English examples in the draft textbook), and introduced the concept of the
brivla, giving them 30 gismu to learn at home (translated to hebrew).

Next meeting I hope to let them be able to build basic bridi (or more than
basic) and see some minor talk in lojban using these basic brivla and
grammer rules. Bob, where are those reference grammer books, huh? =)

Translation of the first part (this probably sucks sooooo much):
Two days ago [how could I have done this better?] I met with some of my
friends in my house in order to learn Lojban. The group consists of 7
people, and two more will join. I talked about the history of Lojban, and
then we discussed the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis and some examples on how
Lojban is better than English.

[Topic: The first meeting of the Israeli Lojban Group]