Subject: Re: [lojban] My lojban page.

From: John Leuner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:51:08 +0000

On 24 Feb 2001 19:21:55 -0500, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/lojban.html
> 
> All it has on it now is a translation of a song I like, but I'll be
> adding to it. Mostly just translations, I expect. Feel free to
> critique.
> 
> -Robin

A few weeks ago I started writing a tool that would render lojban text
(in HTML or just text) and then hilight the words that were recognised
as gismu. You can then put your mouse on each gismu to see the
definition.

The idea was to make it easier to learn lojban by reading texts on the
net and on the mailing list with a near instantaneous dictionary lookup.

I got pretty far with it, and then gave up in frustration with Swing's
scroll components.

My long term plans were to integrate it with something like jbohife, so
that computer analysis of lojban text would be easily at hand for
anything you could find on the web.

I'm not sure if I'll carry on with the project. Maybe there is someone
with experience writing text renderers here who would like to help out?

John Leuner

--