Subject: Re: [lojban] My lojban page.

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:54:30 +0000

John Leuner:
#A few weeks ago I started writing a tool that would render lojban text
#(in HTML or just text) and then hilight the words that were recognised
#as gismu. You can then put your mouse on each gismu to see the
#definition.
#
#The idea was to make it easier to learn lojban by reading texts on the
#net and on the mailing list with a near instantaneous dictionary lookup.
#
#I got pretty far with it, and then gave up in frustration with Swing's
#scroll components.
#
#My long term plans were to integrate it with something like jbohife, so
#that computer analysis of lojban text would be easily at hand for
#anything you could find on the web.
#
#I'm not sure if I'll carry on with the project. Maybe there is someone
#with experience writing text renderers here who would like to help out?

If this tool worked off-line too then it'd be a WONDERFUL tool -- I might
actually start reading Lojban text again!

I'm not competent to offer any help, but I hope this note offers encouragment.

--And.