Subject: Re: [lojban] My lojban page.

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:50:50 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, And Rosta wrote:

> John Leuner:
> #A few weeks ago I started writing a tool that would render lojban text
> #(in HTML or just text) and then hilight the words that were recognised
> #as gismu. You can then put your mouse on each gismu to see the
> #definition.
> #
> #I'm not sure if I'll carry on with the project. Maybe there is someone
> #with experience writing text renderers here who would like to help out?
>
> If this tool worked off-line too then it'd be a WONDERFUL tool -- I might
> actually start reading Lojban text again!

I happen to have written one. All the text on www.balvi.org is rendered
through it. This filter reads texts, uses a database lookup and checks
each word if it's a gismu, lujvo, or cmavo. If so, it turns it into a
javascript link that, when clicked, opens a dictionary window showing the
definition of that word.

But I assume you've all seen this already, since I announced Balvi a month
ago.

-----
We do not like And if a cat
those Rs and Ds, needed a hat?
Who can't resist Free enterprise
more subsidies. is there for that!