Subject: Re: [lojban] My lojban page.

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:58:16 -0500

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 04:14:03PM -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> >http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/lojban.html
> >
> >All it has on it now is a translation of a song I like, but I'll be
> >adding to it. Mostly just translations, I expect. Feel free to
> >critique.
> 
> >le terdi cu du le blupinxe
> That means "the earth equals the blood-drinker", that is, not only is the earth
> a blood-drinker, but also all blood-drinkers are the earth.

Whoops. How about le terdi cu blupinxe?

Woohoo, 2 less syllables! 8)

BTW, not that this is relevant any more, but I personally would have
voted for lojban to have bridi be entirly postfix (i.e. first sumti
after the selbri) simply to get rid of the 'cu's everywhere.

> >sepa'a le la djob. to'e citno
> The name is ".i,ov" or ".i,iov", and "old" here more likely means "puzu",
> though putting that between "la" and the name is ungrammatical.

sepa'a le la .i,ov. raipru

Woohoo, one less syllable! 8)

> >zo'e ba cusku le du'u le se cirko ze'e na du le zerselbandu
> "lost" could also mean "égaré", and saved could mean "rescued".

Umm, what does egare mean?

I think from the overall tone of the song and the Xian religious
comments that it's talking about religious saving.

> >la djesus. pamei bersa
> I forget whether we decided on "iecu,ys" or "iecu,as".

<nod>

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
Information wants to be free. Too bad most of it is crap. --RLP