Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Meaningless talk

From: robin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 16:41:30 +0200

Ivan A Derzhanski wrote:
> 
> Quoth [email-masked]:
> > Not that I can take my own advice, but [...] I would recommend
> > that we all (or most of us anyhow) go back to "See Spot run"
> > and work our way up very slowly before we get around to doing
> > to philosophical or linguistic discussions in Lojban.
> 
> Okay. What about _See Spot run_? It is one of the most opaque
> constructions of Modern English; translating it into another lg
> is no trivial matter. Try a few natlangs that you are familiar
> with, and you'll see what I mean.

Turkish: Spot'un kos~masInI gör

That involves a genitive, a verbal noun-phrase with an accusative suffix
and an imperative.
.u'i I do see what you mean!

robin.tr