Subject: Vocabulary trainer for Windows

From: "seidensticker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 19:08:13 -0800

Not satisfied with the shareware vocabulary training programs that were
readily available, I have written a training program for Windows that's
better tuned to the needs of Lojban. Its features are:
- 3 Quiz Types. Three different quiz types provide different learning
challenges.
- Quiz Options. Words can be shown in order or randomly, translation can
be from English to Lojban or vice versa, missed words can be repeated until
correctly answered, and each question can be timed to make the quiz more
real time.
- Full Definitions. Definitions include the Lojban and equivalent English
words plus a full definition and a user-definable memory aid.
- Popup Quizzes. A quiz can be set to popup periodically.
- Word Lists. The vocabulary is divided into small word groups. You
practice with the groups in the order that’s best for you. Groups can be
displayed or printed dictionary style.
- Dictionary. The full Lojban dictionary is available for searching.
Fuzzy matching shows related words and near misses.
- Tengwar. Lojban words can be displayed conventionally or with the
Tengwar font.
- Customizable. Fonts, sounds, and word groups can be edited by the user.

Hopefully other students can make use of it. I think it's pretty thorough
and bug free, but it's a new program and I'm interested in any bugs, feature
suggestions, or other comments you have to make.

I don't have access to a web site, but I can send it to interested parties
by email. If there's enough interest, perhaps someone who does have access
to a web site could put it there.