Subject: How do you parse lujvo into the component rafsi?

From: "seidensticker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 21:12:33 -0800

charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I'm working on an algorithm for breaking a lujvo into its component parts. =
(My goal: given an unknown lujvo, break it up into parts and display the d=
efinitions of each of those parts.) Chapter 4, section 11 of the grammar b=
ook ("The lujvo-making algorithm") talks about creating lujvo, but my quest=
ion is about the reverse. Is there a place where this is simply described?

If there's not, let me try this: I've tried to compose a grammar that defin=
es a lujvo. Could someone critique it?

lujvo =3D InitialRafsi TermainlRafsi
InitialRafsi =3D Rafsi InitialRafsi | <null>
Rafsi =3D 4Rafsi | 3Rafsi

TerminalRafsi =3D CCV | CVV | CVCCV | CCVCV
4Rafsi =3D CVCCy | CCVCy
3Rafsi =3D CVV | CCV | CVVr | CVVn | CVC | CVCy

Must the parsing of the unknown lujvo begin from the right? or left? or i=
s it unambiguous regardless? Given a 4Rafsi of the form CVCCy or CCVCy, I'=
m assuming that there's only one gismu with those first 4 letters -- right?=
=20=20

Any other suggestions for how to do the parsing?

Thanks.