Subject: Re: [lojban] Catching a bus

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 02:06:57

la pycyn cusku di'e

>On the whole I think that the termination of the process
>is more illuminating here, although the whole process could be seen as the
>inchoative aspect of the state.

So we would have:

mi mo'u pu'o se marce le trene
"I completed being about to ride the train."

>Supposing this this problem were solved, with "trainri" as a placeholder 
>for
>now, the process catching a train could be either "trainrygau" or
>"trainryzu'e."

mi mi selma'egau le trene
I make myself ride the train.

Yes, that could work. Although it could also mean other things...

>"I just barely caught the bus" means that the completive aspect of the
>catching overlaps the inchoative aspect of the train's departure; "I almost
>caught the bus" means that the process overreaches the initiative aspect 
>the
>departure.

I don't think we can deal with these overlaps in any simple way.
The train's departure is not something we would be mentioning.

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.