Subject: Re: [lojban] I almost caught the train

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:42:21 EST

In a message dated 3/12/2001 11:42:21 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
> <i assume you meant PU'O & TU'A>
> As I said, fingers not work so good.

<i'm not sure SNADA & FLIBA in that context are more than saying:
BA'O or BA'ONAI  TRENE>
Well, I neither have nor have not been a train in any interestiing sense, I 
suppose (Grice goo again)

xorxes about the same time (on &):
<>An alternative, which I haven't thought through the implications of, would
>be "almost P" = "in most relevant alternative worlds, P", and "barely
>P" = "in most relevant alternative worlds, not P".

Yes, but Lojban is no better than English at expressing this
in an elegant manner.>
 
Actually, for at least one kind of altworlds Lojban has it pretty nice: the 
inchoative and superfective (maybe some of the others) are just that sort of 
thing: in most of the relevantly similar worlds the inchoative becomes 
initiative, the superfective has already ended. This was what I got from & 
in my suggestion.

barely 100 = panono su'i so'u
not quite 100 = panono vu'u so'u
Throw in a {su'e} for safety.