Subject: Re: [lojban] I almost caught the train

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:58:34 EST

In a message dated 3/12/2001 1:20:57 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> <As a more general solution though I think {naru'e} and
> {ja'aru'e} are better, because it won't always be clear what
> the opposite action is, and as And pointed out it is not
> always a matter of tense/aspect either.>

Good point. And it does have the advantage that {naru'e} is still {na}, 
whereas {pu'o snada} is {fliba}. 

<What are {so'e panono}, {so'i panono}, etc. then?>
Good question. Something will turn up for them, I'm sure; for now they set an 
upper bound within which the many and most and few occur. But see the other 
way of doing "almost 100"

<>I have no suggestion for "barely over 100" off the top of mu head.

{za'uru'e panono}?>

I'm not sure how farwe can push these emotion intensity things beyond 
emotions; factuality or confidence seems OK, numericals less so somehow. And 
then why not use them as "tenses" {mi ru'e fliba tu'a le trene} or is that 
{fliba ru'e}?