Subject: Re: [lojban] I almost caught the train

From: Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:59:13 -0500

At 11:59 AM 03/12/2001 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>I think the {snada/fliba} for catch/miss the (buried) train is Lojban at its
>best;

I agree.

>to the side: "almost 100" is {so'a panono};

I don't think so. There is no grammar for numbers so that is a string of 4 
digits, the first of which is large.

> although {so'a} isn't marked as
>defaulting to "all," it presumably works like all those other guys.

soso'a or even soda'a

or if you want the base n solution, da'ada'a

I might also try panononi'u, but this requires that the convention be 
interpreted as intended.

>"only" we've been around on so many times I can't remember all the readings
>for it, but {po'o} doesn't fit (and I seem to recall that I never liked it
>anyhow): the present cases seems to amount to something like "I am
>surprised/relieved that it is so little as" - a complex UI.
>I have no suggestion for "barely over 100" off the top of mu head.

panoso'u

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org