Subject: Re: [lojban] Train catching ut nunc

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:38:31

la pycyn cusku di'e

>1) A tanru with {jibni} or the like. Not {jibni snada} clearly, since --
>oh, the joys of a logical language! -- a {jibni snada} is still a {snada}.

Would {jibni snada} be "just barely caught it" and {snada jibni}
"almost caught it"? That would be fun.

We really need a lujvo that means something like:

x1 just barely/scarcely/hardly/minimally is/does x2.

>3) Modified affirmatives or denials: {ja'a ru'e} and {na'e ru'e}. Aside 
>from
>not being sure about the grammaticality of these (though they seem to pass
>both parsers) there is the problem that the "near miss" or "near hit" part 
>is
>lost truth functionally.

They are grammatical, but I'm not too enthusiastic about them either.
Unless we have a convention that that is their meaning, they are
too vague, a "weak affirmation" could be anything, not necessarily
a "barely".

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.