Subject: Re: [lojban] spoken Lojban

From: Arnt Richard Johansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 16:23:42 +0100

>I uploaded a recording of some sentences in Lojban at:
>
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lojban/files/Sound%20samples/
>
>I would welcome comments on my pronunciation,

It sounds near perfect to me. At least if the following was what you said:

i mi klama le zarci
i xu do klama le zarci
i la djan kalte lo'e pavyseljirna le nu zdile
i la djein pu facki le du'u lo curnu cu nenri le plise
i ki'esai tirna co'o mi'e xorxes

>and it would be interesting to hear others too.

But...there are lots of sound samples on the web! Elrond made a recording
of Fox and Grape Bunch (which I don't remember the address of), and I made
my own recording which I've put at: http://home.nvg.org/~arj/lojban/lorxu.mp3

Robert Rapplean has a word recording project at
http://www.users.qwest.net/~rrapplean/loj400.html, but it seems to be
sleeping.

You have probably heard the tapes by Nora Lechevalier and Tommy Whitlock,
which was mentioned in message #77 (in the Yahoogroups archive). They
audio files don't seem to be online anymore, but I remember that I and
others found the pronunciation horribly americanized.

Then there's always the few sound recordings at the OpenSource SpeechSynth
project: http://hyperdrive.media.mit.edu/cgi-bin/stefanm/synth
-- 
co'o mi'e tsali