Subject: Re: [lojban] Knowledge (was: Random lojban questions/annoyances

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 04:19:20

la xod cusku di'e

> > Why strange?
>
>Because I can't objectively report on Steve's knowledge without adding my
>own interpretation into it.

You can report on his knowledge, but you wouldn't call "knowledge"
his mistaken beliefs, even if he does call it knowledge. Just as
you don't call them truths even though he does call them truths.

>That makes the meaning of my use of
>"knowledge" reflect the sum of my opinions + Steve's opinions. Shouldn't I
>be able to say "Steve djuno you are a Koala Bear", even if we know (feel)
>he's wrong?

So you want {djuno} to be synonimous with {jinvi} or with {birti}?
Why have the word at all?

>Is there any other Lojban word that automatically inserts the judgements
>of every narrator?

Every single Lojban word automatically inserts the judgments of
the narrator. Which word doesn't?

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.