Subject: Updated: vocabulary trainer for Windows

From: "seidensticker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:10:32 -0800

An version 1.1 of the vocabulary trainer for Windows is available. (If
you're asking, "_What_ vocabulary trainer?", see message #5718 [March 5] for
a summary of features.)

New features:
* Dictionary Help with Phrases. Type several words—a phrase or
sentence—into the Dictionary edit box and click on any word to get its
definition. This makes understanding the words in a long sentence much
faster.
* Lujvo and Cmavo Breakup. Any word not found in the dictionary will be
checked to see if it is a lujvo (compound word). If it is, the words that
make it up are shown and defined. A compound cmavo can also be defined.
* More Vocabulary. The number of vocabulary groups and number of words
have both been more than doubled.
* Faster Vocabulary Creation. It's easier to make your own vocabulary
groups. Simply by list the Lojban words in the vocabulary file loj.txt.
The full definition will be filled in automatically.
* Print to File. A group of definitions can now be sent to a file instead
of a printer. A word processor can edit this .rtf file and do things not
possible before, including customizing the formatting, combining or deleting
entries, sending it to different printers, or emailing it.
* Oops Button. The correct/incorrect state of the previous question can
be changed. If your previous answer was interpreted incorrectly, you can
fix it.
* Cancel Button. The extended dictionary search can take several
seconds—not long but still unwelcome when done unnecessarily. A Cancel
button is now available.

The help is pretty thorough, so check it out when features aren't obvious.

To download, go to www.hobbiton.org/~biomass/lojban and download
voctrain2.zip. It should also soon be at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lojban/files (look for a created date of
03/17/2001 or later).

Let me know about bugs and ideas for additional features.

Bob
[email-masked]