Subject: Re: [lojban] Random lojban questions/annoyances.

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:07:04 -0500

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 03:16:29AM -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> Robin Lee Powell scripsit:
> 
> > Nothing! I think that is exactly right and true and acceptable. But
> > the freaking _definition_ of the lojban language says that stating
> > something that is not true as the x2 of djuno is incorrect use of the
> > language!
> 
> No, it says that statements that use a false statement as the x2 of
> djuno are *false*, not incorrect use of the language. Falsity of the
> inner bridi entails falsity of the outer bridi, not ungrammaticality
> of the outer bridi.

If that's the case, then I think the definition of djuno needs to be
changed to include _some_ mention of a truth requirement, because I, for
one, disagree with your use of both djuno and the English work 'know'.
And I don't think I'm going to argue with you about this anymore,
because I don't think there's any chance of us finding common ground.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
Information wants to be free. Too bad most of it is crap. --RLP