Subject: Re: jbofi'e bug? [Re: [lojban] Train catching ut nunc]

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:42:13 +0000

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 09:49:31PM +0000, Richard Curnow wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 03:52:30PM -0500, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > 
> > I think I just found a jbofi'e bug:
> > 
> > rlpowell@calum> jbofihe -x
> > .e'u lu le cmavo be zo ui bei le'a li vo
> 
> etc.
> 
> Yes, the lack of a tag for cmavo3 is a bug; I shall investigate.
> 

After checking I don't think it is. le'a is a BAI cmavo, so "le'a li
vo" is not an ordinary sumti place. If the "le'a" is removed, you get a
cmavo3 tag applied to "li vo", so the basic mechanism is OK for ordinary
linked sumti. Something like "le'a li vo" doesn't qualify for a place;
it's like saying that in

gau mi le mlatu cu citka

"gau mi" is citka1 and "le mlatu" is citka2, which is wrong. "gau mi"
is in a separate modal place of citka, as is "le'a li vo" in the earlier
example. So it's not a jbofi'e bug after all.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow [email-masked]
Weston-super-Mare
United Kingdom http://go.to/richard.curnow/