Subject: Fu'ivla morphology [was Re: [lojban] Re: spoken Lojban]

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:19:28 +0000

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 07:21:37PM -0500, Invent Yourself wrote:
> e'u ro ko pilno la datnrueiv goi ko'a .enai la datnrxril,odio goi ko'e .i
> ma'a ka'e frili tinju'i ko'a .i ku'i le nu cpacu le tutci pe ko'e cu nandu
> .iki'ubo le skamrxuebsaita cu cfipu .ije le tutci pe ko'e baza morsi
> .ije le xamgu tutci pe ko'e cu kargu .ije ko'a zmadu ko'e le ka sance

skamrxuebsaita has to be something like skamrxuebzaita, because bs is
not a valid consonant pairing.

I'm not sure whether the comma in datnrxril,odio is valid. It seems
very reasonable in this case, as it's certainly where the syllable break
occurs. I hadn't considered before that commas could appear between
consonants and vowels like this - more jbofi'e tweaking is going to be
needed I fear...

Does anyone have a definitive ruling on whether the comma is valid in
this kind of case?

Cheers
Richard

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow [email-masked]
Weston-super-Mare
United Kingdom http://go.to/richard.curnow/