Subject: Re: [lojban] Objective Reality & krici (was: Random lojban questions/annoyances.

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 02:45:11

la xod cusku di'e

>The question of the presence (or not) of an Objective Reality is boring,
>but the question of whether or not a discussion is capable of ever
>converging is interesting.

Isn't it a trivial question though? Some discussions do converge
and others diverge, so yes, a discussion is capable of converging.
Or did you mean to refer to a specific discussion, such as the one
about {djuno}?

What I find interesting is that I remember using the very same
word (divergent) about my discussions with Lojbab, maybe it was
even about a previous round of the djuno discussion.

>Then after all this discussion, I return to my original challenge: Show
>me a case of a belief without any evidence, for commonly used definitions
>of "evidence".

For some people believing without any evidence, even against
all evidence, is a virtue (faith).

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.