Subject: Re: [lojban] Random lojban questions/annoyances.

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:46:19

la lojbab cusku di'e

>Simplest case that comes to mind: experimental measurements of the speed of
>light or other fundamental constants. ko'a does the experiment and gets
>value c1.

(An experimental value with no errors?)

What does ko'a know "experimentally"?

You want to claim:
"ko'a djuno <that the speed of light is c1> fo <experiment>"
"naku <that the speed of light is c1> jetnu fe <experiment>"

Are those your two claims?

>ko'e repeats the experiment and gets value c2. The actual value
>of c may be slightly different from either of these values, of course. In
>this sense, the knowledge of the values c1 and c2 are both dependent on the
>observers, yet neither of them is true in the absence of an observer place.

You want to claim that each observer knows that their value is
right and at the same time you claim that it is not true that either
of the values is right? It doesn't make sense to me.

>Probably the same would be true of much transient subjective sensory
>information.

I don't see how it could be true.

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.