Subject: Re: [lojban] Objective Reality & krici (was: Random lojban questions/annoyances.

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:11:01 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 09:09:01PM -0500, Invent Yourself wrote:
> > Then after all this discussion, I return to my original challenge: Show
> > me a case of a belief without any evidence, for commonly used definitions
> > of "evidence".
>
> Insanity. Halluciations.

I already brought up the Son of Sam serial killer, who got his marching
orders from his neighbor's doberman pinscher, so that qualifies as both
insane and hallucinatory. But who am I to argue with a guard dog? That's
just a case of djuno where x4 is a belief system shared by a looney and a
mutt. It's not "objective", it didn't stand up in court, and I don't buy
it myself, but he experienced those conversations with that dog.

-----
"The trees are green, since green is good for the eyes". I agreed
with him, and added, that God had created cattle, since beef soups
strengthen man; that he created the donkey, so that it might give
man something with which to compare himself; and he had created
man, to eat beef soup and not be a donkey.