Subject: Re: [lojban] Objective Reality & krici (was: Random lojban questions/annoyanc...

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:43:47 -0500

At 04:38 PM 03/21/2001 -0500, Invent Yourself wrote:
>Great summary! I never claimed "good evidence", or "evidence you and I
>would agree to". A great many beliefs are based on evidence that I do not
>approve of. But they ARE based on something that is taken as evidence by
>the believers. And that's why krici is a meaningless term. Its true
>meaning is "djuno where x4 is controversial".

I guess coming from a scientific background, I have always defined 
"evidence" in terms of repeatability or at least independent 
verifiability. A phenomenon that is experienced only by one person is not 
"evidence", nor is testimony that is not itself backed by such direct 
evidence (they call that "hearsay" in the courts and will not consider it 
as evidence).

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org