Subject: Re: [lojban] krici

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:12:09 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Jorge Llambias wrote:

> la xod cusku di'e
>
> >And I re-issue my challenge: Show me a case of somebody believing
> >something without evidence according to the first usage, not the second.
>
> I sometimes believe in God's existence, though I am not aware of
> any evidence to justify that belief, in fact I strongly opine
> that there is none.

So, you're saying when you believe in God you don't really believe in
God, because absolutely nothing has convinced you that He exists even when
you are in a state of "belief"?

This is surely not what most people consider belief. Most religious
people, followers of political doctrines, kook conspiracy theorists,
racists, and the insane feel they have AMPLE evidence for their beliefs. I
have yet to hear anybody say anything like "I believe that a CIA
conspiracy killed JFK, but I admit there isn't a shred of evidence to
prove it."

-----
"The trees are green, since green is good for the eyes". I agreed
with him, and added, that God had created cattle, since beef soups
strengthen man; that he created the donkey, so that it might give
man something with which to compare himself; and he had created
man, to eat beef soup and not be a donkey.