Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Marketing lojban

From: Björn Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 14:42:49 +0100

On Saturday 24 March 2001 00:55, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> At 07:25 PM 03/23/2001 +0000, [email-masked] wrote:

>I am no expert (or even a novice) in getting PR and so can't lead
>this charge.  But at the appropriate time, I suggest thinking about
>press releases or story outlines sent to newspapers (y'know that
>center column on the Wall Street Journal's page 1?), newswires (AP,
>UPI, etc. cover more than just breaking news), or popular magazines
>(Omni, Wired, Discovery, Smithsonian, in-flight magazines?).

actually i received word of lojban reading a wired article about constructed 
languages on my transatlantic flight starting my student exchange year in 
america in 1996

> At one point I put out a feeler to Analog - they weren't interested.
>
> > * If it's a pain to USmail anything but Cowan's book, perhaps
> >everything else can be converted to: "Here's where to download it,
> >here's how much we'd encourage you to pay, and here's where to send
> >the check." This could simplify logistics.

how about books on demand, http://www.bod.com
according to their website it costs 350dm for paperback or 500dm for 
hardcover basic fee plus "a few" hundred for the master dependent on page 
count, plus 3dm monthly for management. i do not know how that compares to 
publication costs of the red book or to similar service providers. but they 
handle everything from the printing press to distribution for you, which i 
suppose would be big advantage for future book sized publications. 

co'o mi'e .biorn
- -- 
- -------------------------------------
[email-masked]	Björn Gohla
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07  
guard your privacy -- use GnuPG -- see: http://www.gnupg.org