Subject: project management

From: Björn Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 15:38:04 +0100

coi rodo

noticing recent postings on marketing lojban,
i thought perhaps it would be helpful to have an internet groupware site for 
project management (cf sourceforge.org )facilitating better cooperation of 
lojbanists on the various efforts. 
borrowing from the open source community we could use a cvs repository to 
track the progress of a project, in part this would help demonstrate 
outsiders the liveliness of the lojban community. on the other hand suppose 
there be (expert)+ maintaining a project, having write access to the 
repository (cf. apache.org), it would be more likely possible to involve 
people who would otherwise loose interest sooner or later. instead enable 
enable everybody to contribute as much as they see fit, thereby spreading the 
workload onto many shoulders. in addition there would be a list a list for 
each project with people signed up thereby giving them credit and keeping 
them aboard. 
it should thus be possible to have a pool of people dealing with inquiries. 
also possible would be a project systematically summarizing proceedings of 
the mailing list.
people dealing with lobbying and applying for grants (stressing lojbans 
potential of intercultural communication and international understanding 
there ought to be quite a couple of monetary units .^ ) to be had)
there is quite a bit of open source software around to implement all this, 
the question remains of who has the resources to do it.

- -- 
- -------------------------------------
[email-masked]	Björn Gohla
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07  
guard your privacy -- use GnuPG -- see: http://www.gnupg.org