Subject: Re: [lojban] Marketing lojban

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:41:00 -0500

At 10:10 PM 03/23/2001 -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
>li'o
> >>Second (and last, I'm almost done. :) is that at one point I started
> >>reformatting the draft textbook in LaTeX so I could print it out and have
> >>something pleasent to look at it. Its a metric buttload of work, so I
> >>stopped because it wasn't worth my time for just myself.
> >
> >Those of us in the Windoze world don't know what to do with TeX and its
> >relatives. The master of the draft textbook is in Microsoft Word, which is
> >on the website.
>
>Microsoft Word is as foreign to a Unix user as TeX is to a Windows user. Why
>not convert it to AbiWord, so that everyone can read it?

Never heard of it, and I wouldn't know how to read it. And I don't have 
time to convert anything, much less learn how, with several higher priority 
things going undone.

Anyone who wants to convert our stuff to some other format and put it on a 
website is pretty much welcome to do so (it's polite to ask, but we'll say 
yes). Just please don't expect Lojban Central to get around to it very 
soon. It only took me 7+ years to convert the JL and LK issues to a text 
form suitable for downloading, and I already KNEW how to do that.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org