Subject: Sex and sisters was: Random lojban questions/annoyances.

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:49:53 -0500

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, [email-masked] wrote:
>I seem to recall that we went round on this a while ago with respect to one 
>or two types of hermaphrodites as well as transgendered and transexual 
>people. I don't remember what all came of that discussion, but it is 
>reasonable to assume that
>we distinguished at least
>1) genotype (is yo is or is you ain't a Y-by?, maybe some stuff about steroid 
>responses)
>2) phenotype (+ natural/artificial, permanent or prosthetic)
>3) stereotype (clothes, behavior, occupation)
>4) {gletu}-preference
>All of that is, of course, for humans and related critters. I don't think we 
>got into other possibilities, but, since, for the critters we dealt with, 
>female is the default in both geno and pheno, perhaps we could let {fetsi} 
>expand in that way to the new realms (assuming that, whatever, the structure 
>of the genetic code and polymorphism for the Its, the notion of a default 
>makes sense, as it surely does for asexuals). As for {mensi} we already have 
>enough non-gender -(or is it -sex) -specific uses of "sister" in English to 
>start a a range of usage (mainly tied up with 4, admittedly). 
>But none of that seems to me to affect "know" nor {djuno} in any meaningful 
>way.

ni'o loi jincurnu [earthworms at least, I don't know about leeches] zo'u pa
tercinse .ije ro jincurnu ka'e gletu da'a jincurnu .iseni'ibo loi re
jincurnu cu seljbe re jincurnu poi simxu bruna je'i mensi?

ni'o loi bifce zo'u re tercinse .iku'i so'e fetsi naku ka'e se jbena lo sovda
.i le mamta cu seljbe lo letcau sovda poi binxo lo nakni