Subject: Re: [lojban] Lojban personal experience

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:28:44

>From: "Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga" <[email-masked]>
li'o
>What aspects of miscommunication do not exist in lojban?

More than one way to spell a word. Telling where one word
ends & the next begins.

>How much easier it is to understand the other person?

Occasionally, much easier; usually (& this is chiefly due to
our lack of familiarity with the language), somewhat harder.

>What aspects of miscommunication still do exist?

I would say almost entirely due to our taking the key word in
English as a satisfactory equivalent for knowing the meaning--&
places--of a gismu. Thus, if there is any ambiguity in the English
word, it causes half of us to want the gismu to mean one thing, &
half of us to want it to mean the other thing. I think this would
occur less often with native Lojbanists.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com