Subject: Fwd: Re: [lojban] Random lojban questions/annoyances.

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:59:57 +0100

Subject: Re: [lojban] Random lojban questions/annoyances.
From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
To: "Robert J. Chassell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:41:34 +0100

Bob C:
# I'm not being confused by 'know'. I want to know what a ve djuno is,
# and also to know how "X djuno P fo Y" and "X djuno not-P fo Z" could
# be true.
#
#Its how you come to know or believe or apprehend or consider true
#something.

OK. Understood.

#For example:
#
# I came to know that the butler was innocent because he told me so.
#
# I came to know that the butler was guilty because he held a
# smoking gun in his hand.

We should avoid examples where the knower is I/me, because this 
confuses matters.

#It goes without saying that it takes judgement to decide what is known
#and what is not. Most of the time the judgement is made without
#conscious effort or thought, but sometimes it is conscious and
#difficult.

OK. If this is correct, then the x4 place of DJUNO is irrelevant to the
issue of whether x2 of DJUNO is true. This would simiplify the debate
(which, thanks be to the mercy of god, has abated rather)..

--And.