Subject: Fwd: Re: [lojban] Random lojban questions/annoyances.

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:00:16 +0100

Subject: Re: [lojban] Random lojban questions/annoyances.
From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
To: pycyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:55:13 +0100

pc:
#> I want to know what a ve djuno is,
#> and also to know how "X djuno P fo Y" and "X djuno not-P fo Z" could
#> be true.
# 
#mi djuno le du'u pa sirje be by bei da cu panra le sirje be cy bei dy kei fo 
#le tamske pe la .iuklid
#mi djuno le du'u naku pa sirje be by bei day cu panra le sirje be cy bei dy 
#kei fo le tamske pe na'e la .iuklid
#pe'i ru'e

OK. (I have neither the time, inclination nor webaccess to check what
sirje and panra mean, but I get your point.)

The interesting thing is that in both cases the se djuno is (I think) true,
relative to the different geometries/axiom sets.

Whether this means that *I* can truthfully say "ko'a djuno fe homosexuality-
is-a-sin fo fundamentalist-jegvo-dogma", I'm not sure. I suppose the answer
is Yes.

I should add, BTW, that this conclusion would contradict both Bob
Chassell's message on this point & my response to it.

That is, contra Bob, the ve djuno is not how you come to know the se djuno
but rather the body of propositions such that their truth entails the truthof the
x2.

I imagine that even Canadian Robin could live with that.

--And.