Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [lojban] Random lojban questions/annoyances.

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:31:12 -0500

At 05:00 PM 03/26/2001 +0100, And Rosta wrote:
>#mi djuno le du'u pa sirje be by bei da cu panra le sirje be cy bei dy kei fo
>#le tamske pe la .iuklid
>#mi djuno le du'u naku pa sirje be by bei day cu panra le sirje be cy bei dy
>#kei fo le tamske pe na'e la .iuklid
>#pe'i ru'e
>
>The interesting thing is that in both cases the se djuno is (I think) true,
>relative to the different geometries/axiom sets.
>
>Whether this means that *I* can truthfully say "ko'a djuno fe homosexuality-
>is-a-sin fo fundamentalist-jegvo-dogma", I'm not sure. I suppose the answer
>is Yes.

It seems key to me that ANYONE should be able to say that truthfully if 
indeed ko'a is satisfied with the dogma as a means of establishing truth.

>I should add, BTW, that this conclusion would contradict both Bob
>Chassell's message on this point & my response to it.

I'm not sure how.

>That is, contra Bob, the ve djuno is not how you come to know the se djuno
>but rather the body of propositions such that their truth entails the 
>truth of the
>x2.

No, because that would entail only logically consistent 
epistemologies. One of the ways that X can djuno P while Y can djuno not-P 
is to use a logically inconsistent epistemology (which fundamentalist-dogma 
may qualify for %^). Dreams and astrology are both classically used 
veldjuno that yielded differing or even contradictory seldjuno to different 
djuno.

They thus very poorly are communicated through jetnu, which supports no 
observer dependency on the truth. jetnu needs a self-consistent epistemology.

Using krici instead of djuno seems to me to deny that the veldjuno is a 
valid source of evidence for truth or at least admits to skepticism as to 
that claim.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org