Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Marketing lojban

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:13:24 -0500

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 11:18:20AM -0700, Jay Kominek wrote:
> I figure the textbook is a text_book_. The ultimate goal is to have it
> printed and distributed to students in classrooms. Therefore, it shouldn't
> just look okay printed, it should look great printed, and printed quality
> should be the first concern.
> 
> My plans are:
> 1 Take the textbook, convert it very structurally described LaTeX.
> 2 Fill out the sections missing material
> 3 Add examples
> 4 Accept corrections and new material
> 5 Repeat 2 through 4 until somebody clubs me over the head and takes it
> away, or somebody publishes it.
> 
> Unless anyone else was planning on doing roughly the above, then I believe
> the best way to run things and make them look good is to use LaTeX.

I want to offer my full moral support here. 8) I have personally
chosen not to get seriously into _any_ lojban project until I'm verbally
fluent, though. If the classes I'm running work out well, I'll post the
outlines, as I'm happy with the way I'm doing them.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
Information wants to be free. Too bad most of it is crap. --RLP