Subject: Fwd: a consideration

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:26:02 -0500

People said that they might like to respond to new queries. I am 
forwarding this one to the list, since I don't have time to respond to it 
this week, since I'm trying to get backordered books out.

>From: "mr. mystery" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: a consideration
>Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:35:52 -0000
>
>brilliant! simply brilliant! Have the concepts of E prime been imbedded 
>into lojban?
>
>My strong concern is this: I understand that when computers 'think' using 
>memetics the most reasonable language to think in will be lojban. Humans 
>will with to communicate (program) with their computers so learning lojban 
>as a programming language may help promote it worldwide. The concept of 
>the name is pretty arbitrary however (lojban = logical language). I 
>believe strongly that the ENTIRE NAME should have a more internationally 
>marketable concept ... imagine every country learning lojban as both a 
>second language to their own as well as learning lojban to 
>program/communicate better with memetically thinking machines. Good 
>reasons but ... the NAME! If a logical langauge were created for the 
>world it should connotate this far reaching concept.
>
>I believe the language should be WORLD+LANGUAGE (in its lojban translation 
>of course). Of COURSE it is LOGICAL but the PURPOSE is for the WORLD to 
>know it - to bring the world together and to do so through the use of 
>computers as a means to communicate with ALL MEDIA. Other concepts may 
>include EARTH, HUMANITY and ALL.
>
>Again, BRILLIANT WORK and potentially WORLD CHANGING. I commend you.
>
>Erik von Markovik
>_________________________________________________________________
>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
>

--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org