Subject: jbofi'e version 0.36 released

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:39:44 +0100

I have released version 0.36 of jbofi'e. The source code and MS-DOS
binary zipfile are available via the homepage

http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/jbofihe/index.html

The changes are listed below.

- Fixed Makefile portability problems discovered in v0.35
- Fix bug where cmavo sequences like nytysy were not recognized (where removing
y leaves invalid triple)
- Fix bug where the words y, yyyyy, y'y were not recognized as valid cmavo
- Fix bug for -se option applied to nu'u in the middle of a termset.
- Fix bug for -se option applied to elidables with a sequence of 'free'
constructs following them.
- Fix bugs for -se option applied to boi & ve'o
- Fix several bugs people sent me where jbofihe crashed or generated bad output
for various small examples.
- Fix bugs scanning cmene containing ..nydz.., ..y,y.. etc
- Many improvements to lexical analyser builder (n2d subdirectory) -
* generate smaller tables by relying on binary searching in the target app.
* compress state machines by grouping equivalent DFA states together input
* input file can specify priority logic to resolve ambiguous accepting states
* syntax capabilities of input file greatly enhanced
* processing speed much improved
(This tool can now be considered a standalone project in its own right,
except for the lack of documentation on it.)
- Fix bugs in scanner's fu'ivla recognition (including length of consonant
clusters).
- Recognise stage 3 and stage 4 fu'ivla separately to improve glossing
performance.
- Allow consonant+comma+vowel triples within words.
- Include configure option --embed to allow a minimal dictionary to be embedded
into the jbofihe executable (=> no separate dictionary file required at
runtime)
- Add handling of zei (completely missing before)
- Add configure option --embed, to allow the gismu+cmavo dictionary to be
compiled directly into the jbofihe executable. (No run-time dictionary is
then needed, however there is no capability to add new definitions in this
mode)
- Simplify consonant doubling before -er and -ing suffices in the translator.
- Added configure script, to help people who just want to 'build+go' without
reading the docs.
- Switch to GNU General Public License (replaces customised zlib/BSD-like
license)
- Detect zoi/la'o constructions left open at the end of the text.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow [email-masked]
Weston-super-Mare
United Kingdom http://go.to/richard.curnow/