Subject: Finding krici in a navel (was: lojban audial recognition etc.

From: Value Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:38:11 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 [email-masked] wrote:

> In a message dated 3/27/2001 8:16:26 PM Central Standard Time,
> [email-masked] writes:
>
>
>
> > I would settle for a place in krici that holds the belief-evidence, or at
> > the very least a relaxation of the English to eliminate the condition that
> > the selkrici must have no evidence.
> >
>
>
> {krici} with an evidence place is {jinvi}, which we have already. And the
> English does not have a requirement that selkrici have no evidence, so we
> can't eliminate it. The English does point out that the question of evidence
> is not a relevant one to raise with {krici}, but that is different from
> saying that there is none.

x1 believes [without evidence/proof] belief/creed x2 (du'u) is
true/assumed about subject x3

OK, perhaps the selkrici may "have" evidence, but if it exists, shouldn't
that be the reason the believer believes? But for some mysterious reason,
the believer ignores it, and believes regardless. Odd.

> {krici} is purely psychological; not logical.

Then let's get rid of the no-evidence condition.

> (I seem to have been overly optimistic in thinking that the practical work of
> the thread was done.)

Don't worry about me. I have several more arguments lined up. I'm just
taking a break!

-----
"The trees are green, since green is good for the eyes". I agreed
with him, and added, that God had created cattle, since beef soups
strengthen man; that he created the donkey, so that it might give
man something with which to compare himself; and he had created
man, to eat beef soup and not be a donkey.