Subject: Re: [lojban] lojban audial recognition etc.

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:07:42 +0100

pc:
[email-masked] writes:
#> BTW, IMHO one reason for new Lojban-interested people getting bored off and
#> leaving again might be long philosophical threads of 
#> the DJUNO/KRICI kind 
[...]
#> Shouldn't we better leave the ivory tower and turn toward people insteadof
#> "linguistic" specialties as sort of an oblivious and eccentric navel gazing?
# 
#Yes, but... those "ivory tower discussions" get started precisely because 
#people have practical problems about how to say bip or what they have 
#actually said when they say boo. 
[...]
#The content of the discussion may get technical or polyglot or abstract, but 
#the motivation is always ultimately practical.

I am interested in Lojban only for the scope it affords for ivory-tower navel
gazing. 

I've always been in favour of list-splitting. 

Unless I am hallucinating this memory, the subject-line tag solution has been 
tried, but the tags were based on gismu and (therefore?) most people couldn't 
remember them.

--And.