Subject: Re: "ivory tower gazing" [was: Re: [lojban] lojban audial

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:49:27 EST

In a message dated 3/28/2001 2:19:22 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> <>From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
> li'o
> >I am interested in Lojban only for the scope it affords for ivory-tower 
> >navel
> >gazing.
> >
> 
> STASU KATNA>
> 

Stew cut? I don't get it. I can make some sense of {stasu te katna}, though 
its connection with philosophical argle-bargle is not too clear. Taking 
philsophy as a hotch-potch (a stew of miscellaneous, often left-over or 
slightly skank, ingredients) is also not a position I would reject outright. 
But then what does the cut do?
Or maybe from {katna lo stasu}, something related to nailing Jell-o to a 
tree, a totally fruitless activity? But, as I have said, the mucking about 
has a very practical aim and usually a practical result -- clarity if nothing 
else and that not to be contemned in a logical language.