Subject: Re: [lojban] jbofi'e version 0.36 released

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:06:27 +0100

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:54:59PM -0500, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 10:39:44PM +0100, Richard Curnow wrote:
> > I have released version 0.36 of jbofi'e.
> 
> Free modifiers (.oi ku'i and ze'e, at least) aren't glossed in jbofihe
> -x anymore:
> 
> .oicai le nu la .iburycy poi samru'e ku'o rapli jarco be le datni cu
> ze'e mentu be li pa be'o krefu
> Warning: Sentence may be missing selbri at line 1 column 8?
> .oi cai [(le /the/ <nu /event(s) of/ [([krefu1 (recurrence(s)):] la / /
> .i.bu ry cy / / <poi /which/ [<<samru'e /computer-ish-process(es)??/>>]
> ku'o> ^rapli /repeating/ /[type-of]/ {jarco /show-er(s) of/display-er(s)
> of/ be / / ([jarco2 (shown property(ies)):] le /the/ datni /data/)}^
> /[of]/ /?/) cu /is/does/ <<ze'e ^{mentu /with duration in minutes/ be /
> / ([mentu2 (number of minutes):] li /No./ pa) be'o} /[type-of]/ krefu
> /being recurrence(s)/^>>]>)]
> 

If I run that text through my copy, built from what I uploaded, I get
those words glossed fine. Also, the word "pa" near the end is not
glossed for you. It looks like any cmavo that is not in the "extradict"
file is missing. Maybe you've got your own dictionary file that you've
added things to or something? Otherwise, can you check the
gismu_cmavo.dict file and see if the missing words are in there?

> Also, I would _really_ love a version that removed the lojban originals
> and (optionally) the parenthesizing.
> 

Some kind of "upgrade" to the output styles is certainly a possibility
for the future. There has already been some very early discussion of
outputting an "intermediate" file so that people could write diverse
"backends" for various purposes.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow [email-masked]
Weston-super-Mare
United Kingdom http://go.to/richard.curnow/