Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: the reason for x4 of {djuno}?

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:38:42

la maikl cusku di'e

>I think the vexing question of what the default x4 of DJUNO
>means can be solved thusly: Since there are basically three
>kinds of circumstance that arise, one in which both the speaker
>& the listener have the same position on the meaning of default-
>x4; one in which they know they differ; & one in which they don't
>know whether they differ or not:

How about the circumstance in which one of them "knows"
that they differ and the other one "knows" that they have the
same epistemological position?

>the first case is trivial, & for
>the second it should be considered obligatory to state which x4
>(VO'A or LE MIBYPRE) is intended, to prevent the listener from
>assuming it is the one in accordance with their own opinion.

But in what epistemology is the djuno claim itself to be considered?
The epistemology of x4 is supposedly only for the claim x2.

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.