Subject: Re: [lojban] srana le'i sucta cmavo

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 16:56:50 EDT

In a message dated 4/2/2001 3:14:11 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> <zu'o broda =? selzu'e co nu broda
> mu'e broda = mokca co nu broda
> 
> Do activities always have an actor and a goal?>
> 
Almost by definition (maybe even actually), activities do not have goals and 
as soon as they do, they transmogrify into processes, which are defined 
largely by having goals. 

<I'm not convinced that using cmavo is the way to go for this,
but in any case, trying to define the meaning of cmavo in Lojban
rather than in English is very helpful and necessary.>

Yes, but in the process, I think that {nu} needs also to be eliminated from 
the exposition, else it becomes trivial that all the others can be replaced 
by {nu}. Of course, that replacement may not be possible, in which case you 
do prove one of your points, though not the hard one.