Subject: Re: [lojban] srana le'i sucta cmavo

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 21:46:32 EDT

In a message dated 4/2/2001 7:33:33 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> I don't know, it is certainly not the ciska part that is fun.
> And in "I write for a living", it would not usually be the nu
> ciska for which one would be paid. finti a given work would
> be a process, but finti for a living would be an activity,
> I think.
> 

Okay, although in the long term of things I suspect that more people have 
been paid for the writing than the inventing part. Here and now is another 
matter. But the general case -- for money or not -- is an activity with a 
related state (being an author -- but can one do that without having authored 
anything? Lojban being what it is, yes.).

<We do have krinu and mukti, but terzukte seems to include both
"purpose" and "goal".>

Which makes it a little hard to figure out when they don't coincide. 
"purpose" seems to be {terdji} but I need to run through the places a few 
times to be sure. and {krinu} and {mukti} need looking at as well. What, I 
wonder, is unequivocally "goal"?

<we need a word for "activity" other than {selzukte}.>
But {selzukte} is a non-starter since it clearly (and overtly) includes 
processes -- at least.