Subject: translation of "Mark"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 18:56:44 -0000

I've been studying lojban for several months, and recently had
a breakthrough in that I finally feel like I "get" the language.
I want to start working on translating something so that I can
wrestle with lojban a bit and learn it better.

The thing I've picked to fool with is the Gospel of Mark,
unless someone else is working on it. If so, I'll pick
something else. The thing is, it's short, and consists mostly
of physical actions and simple declarative sentences.

I am not promising any sort of delivery deadline; I'm
just looking for my own playground.

But I have to ask - is there any convention for internationalization
of geographic and proper names? Words like Jordan, Jerusalem,
Jesus, and so on (not necessarily beginning with "J") - in
Lojbanistan are these words transliterated from English
or from local names? Is this a decision for the individual
writer/translator/speaker? 

Also, is there any convention for review of translations?
Can I submit what I've done here, or point to my website
and ask for corrections to be sent to me privately?

Nina Risa