Subject: Mark

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:58:02 -0000

mi ckire le draga'i

Thanks for all the notes on my first shot at lojban.
It will take me a day or two to go through the corrections
and suggestions. I have to say that the difficulty for me
at this point (aside from not knowing all the grammar) is
the change from piling up phrases and clauses to connecting
gismu.

In English, anyway, we can build things this way (and
this is a quote from mother, btw):

The man who was arrested was the same person who
lived across the street from us when we lived
in the house we had when you were born.

And I guess this is how I think too. And once my mother settles
who *he* is, she can just say "he" and "him" to mean all of the
above.

When I try to render my mother's identification in lojban, I
get a stream of gismu with no idea of how to string them together.
It looks like ch. 8 of the grammar will help me here.

Nina